Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Article in the Savage Pacer


Recently I was interviewed by Keighla Schmidt, Staff Reporter for the Savage Pacer; you may or may not have seen the article. Irregardless, I was pleased with the outcome, and perhaps even more excited to have developed such a positive working relationship with this newspaper. Ms. Schmidt was more than gracious in her comments about me, and I am sincerely grateful. If you have yet to view the article, click on the link below to view it in full online.

http://savagepacer.com/news/school-news-burnsville-eagan-savage/jeremy-willey-excited-start-8353

I wanted to take a brief opportunity to address some aspects of the article in detail and perhaps more directly with our learning community.

Building Relationships - I am a firm believer in developing a collaborative partnership between the school and home. That said, I am looking forward to meeting students and families at our MWS Open House from 3-4pm on August 28th. I hope that you are able to attend.

Initial Impressions of MWS - Perhaps the most striking initial impression of this learning community that I have developed through conversations with both staff members and families is that MWS operates as a small town family. I am excited to join this family and contribute in a variety of ways both this year and on into the future.

Education as a Family - The educational process has always been important to my immediate and extended family throughout my life. My mother taught for 35 years, and I have extended family members that teach high school, special education, and one who has served on a local school board. I value the educational process and what it can provide for your student(s), and I am committed to always doing "what is best for kids".

To date, I have been ambitious about creating posts daily. I doubt that I will be able to continue this practice as the school year opens, but I will do my best to provide you with "minutes" as frequently as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment