Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome Back From Winter Break!

It is my hope that this post finds you, and finds you all well after an extended break with your student(s) over the holiday season. We, the Marion W. Savage staff, are excited to return to action and we look forward to continuing to serve students and families to the greatest extent we possibly can.

Personally speaking, I enjoyed my first real holiday season with my son, Emmett. Having only been a mere five weeks old last year, the idea of opening gifts was beyond his comprehension level to say the least. This year, however, at thirteen months of age, Emmett delighted more in the tearing of wrapping paper than the actual gifts themselves, leading Kristi and I to wonder whether or not we should simply give him wrapped empty boxes to tear paper off of next year! The joy of spending the past few weeks with my wife and son has been far more than I could ever expect in any sort of gift during the holiday season. Emmett continues to surprise us with the new words that come out of his mouth - my personal favorite being "bot-tle", a distinct two-syllable enunciation - and he remains simply too stubborn to walk.

I share this information with you to remind you that I, too like you, am a parent, and I understand the responsibility in which you have entrusted us with. I hope that each and every one of you had an enjoyable holiday season, and on behalf of my family, I wish you all nothing but the best in 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment